Saturday, November 21, 2009

stolen from bb

things I like:
crisp weather outdoors calling for big sweaters
my dog looking like a bear in his curly winter coat
Irish whiskey, neat
James May

not so much:
the new moon movie
folding laundry
some parts of work

things I saw yesterday:
puddles
a sweet smile on a bus-riding friend
my favorite yogurt

things that are wearing out quickly:
my work pants
darkness at 4PM

my radio stations on Pandora:
ELO
The Kinks
The Hawaiian War Chant
The Beatles (for the girlie)
Careless Love
Brad Paisley
Harry Connick Jr

electronic gifts I might not refuse:
a Wii
an iPod
an iPhone

problems my car is having:
I think it misses me as I'm walking to the bus lately

things to be happy about:
rain boots
roast potatoes
steady work with benefits and paychecks
my dear redhead and girlie

1 comment:

Liz said...

Imagine me shaking my cane from the porch as I type this, but Law's a Mercy the language she shor is achangin' What were once pretty reliable parts of speech, like verbs, are now nouns, e.g.,I have recently been 'friended' - why can't they have reintroduced the the actual verb: "BEfriended" Selling it as chill or sick or, um, down with it? as in "I'm gonna befriend your ass, dude." Maybe. Although that sounds a little scary. Marketing can do anything, which is in itself scary and horrible. They could make us start saying 'verily' and 'to wit, dawg' and 'zounds' if they wanted to. If only they wanted Katy. Luckily, you recently "follow"ed me. A verb doing a happily busy, productive thing. I can see you in galoshes, yellow ones. Following me. Now I am following you. Verily.