Saturday, September 19, 2009

"..sometimes, you get what you need..."



Ever since I started crafting, I gazed in admiration at the walls of cool stuff others had in their work areas. Mind you, I loved using my kitchen table, but it wasn't MY space ( and I know that you know what I mean.)

Well, my dear redhead has disassembled a corner desk that we had and made a long, "L" shaped desk that we can both use. He has the bottom of the "L" and I have the long area. I'm still sorting my craft boxes (read "crap" boxes in DH-speak), and I have pared down, but I'm getting to the home stretch. I had a few dollaroons left on a Michael's card, and I splurged on some cork wall squares for my wall.

More photos to come in better light showing how they look with some of the beginning stuff in place!

2 comments:

Liz said...

"Ah eets loofly, mayt!" as any Liverpudlian would say. So would Virginia Woolfe, but in a different accent.
Do you know a poem by ... maybe April Bernard that talks about "what would happen if something happened and suddenly only good things and choices were made, teeter-totters would come to a peaceful agreement...(I could probably google this rather than strangling you with it) But but but what she says is:
"And "why not" would replace all other dicta."

Liz said...

I'm reading my last comment and thinking how disjointed it is, like a radio going in and out. What I meant by V. Woolf is I'm happy about the dollaroons and Michael's and handy red-heads to roust out a room of one's own. The second missing link: You know, your blog is called, "Why Not?" I'm wondering now whether you knew this Bernard poem all along.
Sigh.