Monday, October 30, 2006

Orange ya glad to see me?

Howdy there, my handful of readers! Sorry about the lapse. Things have continued to be hectic, and will likely continue in this vein for some time (Halloween pun HEARTILY intended!).

M's school Halloween carnival was Friday night, and it was wonderful. Games, bounce-houses, the teacher's traditional Mystery-Theatre (which Mr. AV man recorded with the help of his friend Mr. Channel 12-guy) and home-made baked goodies at the cakewalk. The silent auction, raffle and carnival en toto raised over $17,000 for the school! Yay us! And it was fun. I'll swipe photos from my FIL soon and you'll see our fairy-girl and her bee-mum.

Saturday night our neighbors had pumpkin-carving party. Here are the results:




Can you see the ghost? SPOOKY!

And since pumpkins were eviscerated, you know there were seeds.....




Bowl o'joy.

Some decorations were applied to the house this evening, and more will befall it on the morrow. This is kind of our house-anniversary--we moved in 8 years ago! Still love this place.

I may be biting off more than I can chew, but I'm taking on a part-time job that I can do in the evenings, at home, after the girlie's abed. I'm going to give it a two-week trial and see how it goes, so it may be quiet around here (as it has been of late), but don't give up on me! There's still crafting going on, and you may get to see evidence of it now and again.

I'll tell you more as we go along.

In the meantime, BOO! to you and yours. Go eat some candy. And make it good, for heaven's sake, don't waste calories on hard candy or Smarties! We're talking CHOCOLATE!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should say that. My son is being "Mr. Smartypants" for Halloween and I have a giant bag o' smarties right here. You're right .. what a waste of calories. He should be Mr. High Quality Chocolate Pants!

Thanks for the visit and kind comments. The shawl was such a joy to make!

Good luck with the job. I started back in September and it does, alas, cut into the knitting and blogging time.

Anonymous said...

what beautiful jack-o-lanterns!
we have yet to carve ours.. WHOOPS.

awesome news about the school auction!

& congrats on the job! i hope it goes well for you & your family!

here's to hoping the kids score big in the chocolate realm tonight!

XO!

Mindy said...

Why would anyone waste calories on hard candy when there is good chocolate?

Good luck with the job!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice haul for the school!

Good luck on the nighttime job. Hopefully it'll work out beautifully and you can still get some craftiness in.

Martina said...

You are the second person to have told about a pumpkin carving party. Are these a common occurance at this time of year south of the 49th parallel?
Great job on the fund raising!! I hope the job works out for you and you can still be as crafty as ever!

MandellaUK said...

As you entreated us to so nicely, I went away and ate chocolate.

Another job? Are you a glutton for punishment, or what?!

P.S. I love the pumpkins. And the ghost. Mwhahahaha ......

Bec said...

Love the pumpkins! I don't think the carving kind are available in Australia - or, if they are, I've never seen them. Which is a pity, because it's the only thing that interests me about Halloween!

I've missed you but have been offline a lot myself lately too. Am quietly chuckling to myself about the kind of job you might do when the girls are in bed - you would tell us if it involved telephones and lonely blokes, right?!

V Glad you're back.

Suse said...

Fabulous pumpkins, and that ghost is downright amazing.

Also, looking at posts further below, do you read Echoes of a Dream (link on my blog)? She made a gorgeous curly whirly some time ago in bright green. Gorgeous!