Thursday, July 27, 2006

Here's a preview

We started in Vancouver. The terminal has a wonderful native art area, set as a nature trail, and I only got a couple of good photos, but this is one.




















Granville Island is one of the coolest places I've ever been. The market is superb.




















Juneau Public Library; some of the ever-present flowers in Alaska.



























The islet was near Sitka, seen while we sought (and saw!) otters.
The stand of trees is at Icy Strait Point on a short trail not too far from Hoonah.
Our party agreed that Icy Strait was the best stop on the cruise--I spent ten minutes after this short trail standing beside a small pond, giving myself whiplash trying to look at and identify all the birds that I'd never seen before. It was fabulous.









As I mentioned, there are a few more photos in my Flickr set if you're interested.

M is off to Oregon with Seth's folks tomorrow, and Seth and I are still deciding if we are going to San Diego for the weekend or just hanging out at home. Both options sound good, and from what I hear, the weather is about the same either way! The fact that we have friends in SD who we've not seen in some time may well tip the scales.


And here, because all of you fashionistas DEMAND it, is herself in the latest summer coif......enjoy.

4 comments:

Martina said...

Herself looks cool and happy! I would love to be on that little island. My DH would have been there with his bird book identifying all the birdies for you!

Mindy said...

How fun! I love the trees.

Heather said...

I'm so jealous! I might be going on an Alaskan cruise next summer. It's a dream vacation. So glad you enjoyed yours!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST! I'm jealous of those HUGE boxes of bluets (blueberries).